Dead Earth - How to Make a First Person Shooter / Survival Game
Check out the full feature list below as well as the complete list of all lessons in the course.
- Develop your own commercial-grade custom first-person shooter, step-by-step, starting from a blank screen
- 250+ hours of certified expert video training with all source code, models, textures, animations, sounds, and music included.
- Create your own missions that chain together different series of game events, unlock additional items, and uncover new areas of the world.
- Develop a complete first-person arms/weapons management system with melee and ranged weapon support.
- Build PVS technology to accelerate real-time performance in graphics and AI intensive scenes.
- Use state machine behaviors and animation curves to drive game logic.
- Dive deep into the development of a robust and extensible artificial intelligence system that synchs with your characters’ animations.
- Design smart NPCs for your game who can interact with their world in very realistic ways.
- Build an in-game inventory system for players to manage their weapons, ammo, health boosters, mission items, and more.
- Assemble fully interactive worlds with working doors, elevators, cabinets, and drawers.
- Develop a crafting system to build and repair in-game items.
- Learn how to use scripted events to drive your story line forward and create stunning in-game cutscenes.
- Understand fundamental concepts in the field of game AI, like navigation and pathfinding, state machines, animation state machines, and more.
- Find out how to import and animate multiple characters in less time using humanoid re-targeting
- Create custom interfaces for health bars, ammo, inventory items, and more.
- Develop your own audio log system for delivering storytelling elements.
- Add friendly and enemy cooperative group behaviors with an AI factions system.
- Build a dynamic stealth system that includes hiding in shadows and tactical employment of night vision goggles and flashlights.
Dead Earth is a thrilling, first-person, action-survival game set in the modern post-apocalypse. As mankind’s last hope, you’ll traverse a fallen world ravaged by a lethal plague. Dive headlong into total chaos and destruction as you desperately search for Subject Zero, the first human to turn. This person, if they are still ‘alive’, could hold the key to unlocking a cure for the epidemic. The game presents players with a variety of dangerous environments where the fight for survival gets progressively more difficult as the story unfolds. The infection has manifested in a variety of terrifying ways, so you’ll face a merciless set of enemies from enraged humanoids to total mutations whose origins are almost unrecognizable. Make sure you stockpile some extra ammo!
- Experience rich, story-driven gameplay.
- Confront enraged enemies who will hunt you relentlessly and never tire.
- Manage your inventory with great care -- supplies are quite scarce these days.
- Leverage parts of the world around you to craft and repair new items and weapons.
- Utilize unique combat strategies suited to the different game environments and enemies.
- Take advantage of the shadows to disguise your movements and sneak up on enemies.
- Team up with friendly AIs to battle together to victory.
- Solve a variety of puzzles and learn how to pick locks to access new areas.
- Study the abilities of your adversaries, turn the tables, and save the world!
I joined two months ago and watched most of the videos of Dead Earth game development and learned a ton by doing so. I implemented a version of the AI system for a small VR experience and it worked really well.
I love the systems that we develop and use in Dead Earth. I learned so much from your videos! Your style of teaching is awesome. I never saw tutorials that explain things like this before. Now I use Unity more than ever!
The Dead Earth instruction is incredibly detailed and goes far beyond any game development training on Udemy or YouTube. What I've learned has been very powerful and adaptable to various games.